(1) Bharata's Art - Then & Now,
(2) Bharatakkalai Kotpadu (text book in Tamil),
(3) Natya Sastra & National Unity,
(4) Kanchi Mahaswami's Vision of Asian Culture,
(5) Valluvarum Vedaneriyum (Tamil)
(6) Bhagavat Gita for Dance
(7) Legacy of a Legend (compilation of her articles)
(8) Karanas - Common Dance Codes of India & Indonesia - 3 volumes
(9) Epic Stories from Natya Sastra (for Children)
(10) Natya Sastra Itihasa Kadhaigal (for Children – Tamil)
Apart from these, she has numerous articles, research papers and travelogues to her credit.
on Dr. Padma :
Padma Subrahmanyam Oru Sagaptam - a biography in Tamil by Sundari
(2) Padma's life and contribution is the subject of a dissertation
for a Master's Degree in Sociology written by Chamundeswari
on Dr. Padma :
"Queen of Dance" produced by Russia
(2) "Padma" produced by Film Australia
(3) "Padma" produced by the Films Division, Govt. of India
(4) A film on her produced by NHK, Japan for their "Asia's
Who is Who" series
Padma wrote the script, scored music, choreographed and personally
appeared in the telefilm serial, "Bharatiya Natya Sastra".
produced by Nrithyodaya and directed by V. Balakrishnan.
Padma has presented "Natya Sastramum Nadigar Tilakamum"
with a compilation of clippings from about 50 films of the legendary
actor Sivaji Ganesan, to prove that self experience in the field
of theatre leads to adhering to theoretical rules laid down in the
Natya Sastra, even if there is no knowledge of the text.
Dr. Christopher Byrski (Warsaw University, Poland and later Ambassador
of Poland in India) has dedicated his research publication "Concept
of Ancient Indian Theatre" to Dr. Padma.
DVDs & CDs
Several DVDs and Audio CDs of Dr. Padma have been released.
Dr. Padma has served as a member in :
(1) Indo-US Sub-Commission for Education and Culture.
(2) General Council of Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR).
(3) Executive Committee of Sangeet Natak Akademi, New Delhi
(4) General Council of Sangeet Natak Akademi, New Delhi.
(5) Executive Committee of Tamilnadu Eyal Isai Nataka Mandram, Chennai
(6) Advisory Committee for Doordarshan, Chennai
(7) National Committee to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Indian Independence & Jawaharlal Nehru’s Birth Centenary
(8) National Committee to celebrate the Golden Jubilee of Indian Independence.
(9) National Committee to celebrate the Golden Jubilee of Indian Republic.
(10) Several Expert Committees of the Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India.
(11) Academic Council of Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA), New Delhi
(12) Academic Council of IGNCA, Southern Regional Centre, Bangalore
(13) Indian National Commission for Co-operation with UNESCO
(14) Board of Kalakshetra Foundation, Chennai
Dr. Padma is serving as :
(1) President of Association of Bharatanatyam Artistes of India (ABHAI)
(2) Trustee of Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA), New Delhi
(3) Member of the Expert Committee, Ministry of Culture, Government of India
(4) Programme Director, BFA & MFA (Distant Education) Courses in Dance, SASTRA University, Thanjavur
(5) These apart, she is associated with several Universities all over India in various capacities